100+ Combined Years Serving Clarksville
Clarksville Probate Litigation Attorneys
After a loved one passes away, any will he or she created will need to move through probate for examination and to make the will actionable. Wills that are properly drafted may move relatively quickly through probate, but incomplete or poorly-created wills could get tied up in the process. Whether you need help pushing a will through a contested probate or simply want someone to assist you with will and estate administration duties, our Clarksville probate attorneys from Patton &Pittman Attorney should be your first choice of representation and counsel.
Reasons People Choose to Work With Patton | Pittman Include:
- 100+ years of combined legal experience
- AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Teamwork approach to complex cases
- Initial consultations are free
Start working on your probate case now by contacting our Clarksville lawyers today.
When Probate Litigation is Necessary
In an ideal situation, a decedent’s will can pass through probate with no issue and no delay. However, any sort of complication that slows down the process could end up requiring litigation to resolve amicably. At the least, a Clarksville probate lawyer from our firm can be retained to review and interpret a will, trust, or other estate plan tool to determine how it was meant to operate and which party has interpreted its instructions more accurately.
Probate litigation could become necessary if:
- A will is drafted incorrectly and cannot be interpreted reasonably by the probate court.
- Someone challenges a provision in a will, such as the naming of beneficiaries, and provides convincing evidence that the challenge is validated.
- A party has reasonable belief that the will was created in undue conditions, such as a third party intentionally influences the testator for their advantage.
Beyond helping you settle legal disputes due to a contested will or complicated probate process, our Clarksville probate attorneys are capable of assisting you with the usual steps and necessities of probate. From start to finish, you can hand your administrative duties to our team, focus on other aspects of your personal or professional life, and allow us to navigate probate on your behalf.
In probate, you can allow us to manage the five key aspects of the case:
- Validating the decedent’s will to the court.
- Cataloging all property and assets of the decedent.
- Appraising significant property pieces, such as homes or businesses.
- Using assets to pay off any debts or outstanding taxes.
- Distributing remaining assets to beneficiaries as directed.
We Make Probate Simple On You & Your Family
Probate and probate litigation do not need to be insurmountable legal challenges when you have our Clarksville probate lawyers on your side. With our assistance, we can remove as many complications from probate as possible, and might even be able to help you avoid probate altogether if the circumstances are correct. We can tell you more during a free initial consultation with our team – just call us at (931) 361-4477 to schedule it today.