100+ Combined Years Serving Clarksville
Clarksville Business Formation Attorneys
Choosing the right corporate entity for your business is important for two reasons: to provide liability protection and to secure tax benefits. Drafting appropriate operating and partnership agreements can also help you avoid future disputes involving your business.
At Patton | Pittman in Clarksville, our attorneys form limited liability companies (LLCs), limited liability partnerships (LLPs), general partnerships (GPs), corporations and family limited partnerships (FLPs) for entrepreneurs throughout the Middle Tennessee area. Please contact us to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your business goals.
Protecting Yourself From Liability
Many entrepreneurs and real estate investors choose limited liability companies for liability protection. Our lawyers have the ability to form LLCs and other business entities online through the Tennessee Secretary of State's office, which can save you the time and expense of forming an LLC by mail or having to drive to Nashville.
No one should enter into a business, start a new business venture, or purchase a significant commercial property without choosing the proper business entity. An LLC can:
- Protect your personal assets from lawsuits and other liabilities involving your business
- Protect one business from liability as the result of another business you own
- Protect commercial real estate from liabilities involving another property or business
Drafting Business Startup Agreements
In addition to forming your business, our lawyers can help you:
- Draft partnership agreements, operating agreements and buy-sell agreements if your business has more than one owner
- Draft and review commercial contracts
- Draft employment contracts and non-compete agreements
- Defend you in lawsuits involving your business
- Provide the services of a general business counsel
- Provide business succession planning, including the dissolution and winding up of your business
- Get in touch with a CPA and other business professionals who can assist you with everything from tax advice to setting up your business' payroll