Divorce does not have to be a lengthy, expensive and litigious process. At Patton & Pittman in Clarksville, Tennessee, our attorney’s help our clients reach mediated settlements of divorce issues such as marital property division, alimony and child custody. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Tennessee law now requires mediation before any contested divorce, parenting plan modification or relocation case. Attorney Christopher J. Pittman at our firm is a Rule 31 listed Family Mediator. He has undergone 46 hours of specific domestic mediation training designed by the Tennessee Supreme Court. As a mediator, Mr. Pittman has obtained successful settlements in a majority of the cases he has mediated. He has mediated hundreds of cases and his experience as a mediator helps him prepare his clients when working with other mediators.
Don't look at mediation as a speed bump or a hoop you need to jump through before you can get divorced. Rather, it is an opportunity to resolve your case without going to court.
Some lawyers are not interested in helping their clients reach a settlement during mediation, as their fees will be higher if you litigate your case in court. However, it is in your interests to reach a settlement for the following reasons:
· Mediation is less expensive than litigation.
· You can resolve your case sooner so you can move on with your life.
· You and your spouse will have the flexibility to craft a creative resolution of your case. Judges tend to come up with cookie-cutter solutions.
· You can make your own decisions on issues that will affect your life for years to come, rather than leaving those decisions to a judge who will have limited information about your lives.
· You can avoid the unpredictability of a court decision.
If you aren't able to reach a settlement in mediation, you will be involved in divorce litigation for at least the next six months of your life.
Call 931-266-4703 or toll free at 866-936-9758, or contact us online to arrange a free initial consultation with our Clarksville attorneys for domestic mediation.